Welcome to Ken's Wine Guide

....in search of the perfect bottle of Wine!

Reviews & Ratings

2009 Navarro Vineyards Pinot Noir "Mendocino"

Navarro 2009 Mendocino Pinot Noir

Winery: Navarro Vineyards

Vintage: 2009

Wine Name/Vineyard: "Mendocino"

Wine Category: Pinot Noir

Grape blend: 100% Pinot Noir

Bottle size: 750 ml

Region: Mendocino

State or country: CA

Price: $19

Cases produced: 3,365

KWG Score: 89.2 (based on 4 reviews)

Ken's Wine Rating: Very Good (89)

Review date: August 31, 2011

Wine Review: This dark cherry colored Pinot from Navarro is quite a deal. It opens with a fragrant strawberry bouquet. On the palate, this wine is medium bodied, very nicely balanced, and very easy to drink. I enjoyed its tasty plum flavors with hints of cherry and slightly toasted oak towards the end. The finish is dry and pleasant. I would pair this quaffer with a tangy pulled pork sandwich. Enjoy - KWGTP

Winemaker Notes: This bottling is 100% Anderson Valley and 92% of the grapes were grown by Navarro. The other 8% came from our next door neighbor. After 10 months in seasoned French oak barrels the wine bursts with flavors of juicy Bing cherries with whiffs of chocolate and roasting coffee beans.

Buy it: Use 1000 Corks to find stores that sell Navarro 2009 Mendocino Pinot Noir.

Colonial Spirits of Acton. Buy Wine online
Merriam Vineyards
Rileys Rows Fall Wine Special Ad