Welcome to Ken's Wine Guide

....in search of the perfect bottle of Wine!

Reviews & Ratings

NV Schramsberg Champagne & Sparkling Wine "Mirabelle Brut Rose 32nd Bottling"

Mirabelle Brut Rose 32nd Bottling

Winery: Schramsberg

Vintage: NV

Wine Name/Vineyard: "Mirabelle Brut Rose 32nd Bottling"

Wine Category: Champagne & Sparkling Wine

Grape blend: 52% Chardonnay & 48% Pinot Noir

Bottle size: 750 ml

Region: North Coast

State or country: CA

Price: $33

Cases produced: 13,317

KWG Score: 90.5 (based on 1 review)

Ken's Wine Rating: Very Good+ (90.5)

Review date: December 8, 2023

Wine Review: This dark coral colored Sparkling wine from Schramsberg opens with lots of tiny to small random bubbles. The bouquet features strawberry and red plum along with hints of apple cider and a touch of fig. On the palate, this wine is light bodied with integrated medium acidity. The mouthfeel is balanced, round and easy to drink. The flavor profile is a red plum and toasted almond blend with notes of oolong tea and bread dough. I also detected hints of red apple and mushrooms. The finish is dry and its flavors and acidity drift away nicely. This sparkler with be liked by all your New Year’s Eve guests. I would pair it with bacon wrapped scallops. Enjoy - Ken

Winemaker Notes: Mirabelle is Schramsberg’s multi-vintage brut sparkling wine. For this 32nd bottling, the 2020 vintage makes up 77% of the blend, with the other 23% being from select base wines from previous vintages. Pinot Noir lots in this wine provide the brightness of berry fruit and body, while Chardonnay lots lend length and zest to the palate. Additional flavor depth and aromatic complexity results from the blending of base wine lots aged in barrels and tanks for one or more years. The wine undergoes secondary fermentation in the bottle and rests for approximately two years before its release. The finished Brut Rosé exhibits fresh, elegant, and toasty aromas that lead into lively and delicious fruit flavors on the palate. The Mirabelle Rosé is delicious on its own, and it also pairs well with everything from grilled salmon, Caprese salad, or with a classic Hawaiian pizza.

Buy it: Use 1000 Corks to find stores that sell Mirabelle Brut Rose 32nd Bottling.

Rileys Rows Fall Wine Special Ad
Merriam Vineyards
Boston Wine Expo 2024