Listed below are 10 of my favorite wine gifts. If you are looking for a gift for Dad, and he likes wine, you can’t go wrong with any of these. Don’t forget a bottle of Very Good wine to go with it! Happy Father’s Day.
Wine Away—Hard as I try not to, I am always spilling wine on my shirts. Splash back is an occupational hazard for a wine reviewer. Nothing gets the red wine stains out better than Wine Away. If your Dad has the same problem as me, get him a bottle or two of Wine Away. He will love it!
Bottlewise Duo 2 Bottle Travel Bag— I love this travel bag. It is great for bringing a couple of bottles of wine to a friend’s house for dinner. Its best use is when you travel to wine country and want to bring back two special bottles in your packed luggage. I like to bring it to the Annual Wine Blogger’s Conference in wine country, and return home with two wine gems protected neatly in my luggage!
Dual System Wine Refrigerators— I am a big fan of dual system wine refrigerators. The main reason is that white wines and red wines should be served and stored at different temperatures. One of my biggest pet peeves is that we are frequently served Chardonnay that is too cold. Solve this problem for Dad by buying him a Dual Zone Wine Refrigerator from Vinotemp!
Bagged Wine Covers—Have you tried doing a blind tasting? It is fun to do with family and friends. Test Dad’s skills and buy him these wine bottle covers. We use these for the KWG Tasting Panel. They are easy to use, and they are good for the environment because they are reusable!
Riedel Cabernet/Merlot Stemware—I believe Dads need great stemware to drink great wine. This Cab glass will make all the wines we recommend perform at peak levels. I love my Riedel Cab glass! Believe it or not, I take this glass with me everywhere I taste wine.
Ridel O Decanter—I received this decanter for Christmas from Theresa and the kids a few years ago. It’s one of my favorite wine gifts!
Windows on the World Complete Wine Course: 2008 edition (hardcover) by Kevin Zraly—This is one of my favorite wine books. It’s quite comprehensive!
Riedel Large Microfiber Crystal Cloth—I use this on our best wine glasses, and they always shine like new! This cloth gets used many times per week at our house. It’s machine-washable too!
Monopoly “The Board” Wine Charms—These are my favorite wine charms, and I use them every day. We picked up a set of these fun wine charms at Gary Vaynerchuk’s Wine Library in Springfield, New Jersey two years ago. Serve your wine in style!
Vacu Vin 3-Piece Wine Saver Gift Pack—We think every household should have one! Wine lasts longer if you use the Vacu Vin. We also recommend refrigerating any opened bottles of wine.
Most Recent 20 Posts
- Winemaker Interview Series – Robert Foley January 16, 2023
- Winemaker Interview Series – Matt Brain – Alpha Omega Winery January 4, 2023
- Winemaker Interview Series – Riley Flanagan, Assistant Sales Manager for Flanagan Wines and the owner of Riley’s Rows December 16, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Trevor Durling from Beaulieu Vineyard November 28, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Andrew Baldwin from Penfolds Winery November 15, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – McPrice “Mac” Myers from McPrice Myers Winery October 18, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Renée Ary from Duckhorn Vineyards October 5, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Joel Peterson from Once & Future Wines September 20, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Rebekah Wineburg from Quintessa & Post & Vine Wineries September 6, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Phillip Corallo-Titus from Chappellet Winery August 23, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Randy Ullom from Kendall Jackson Winery August 10, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Theresa Heredia from Gary Farrell Wines July 27, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Todd Graff from Frank Family Winery July 8, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Christian Tietje from Anarchy Winery June 25, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Janell Dusi of J. Dusi Winery June 1, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Kristen McMahan of Goldeneye May 3, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Mike Waller of Calera April 19, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Ryan Prichard of Three Sticks March 22, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Jeff Gaffner of Black Kite and Saxon Brown March 9, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Ryan Rech of Beringer February 20, 2022