Spring into the great weather and use those extra hours of sunlight to plan a trip to the serene Livermore Valley! We are helping you make the most of the warmer days by finding you the best local venues and events the Livermore Valley has to offer during the month of March.
Spend the weekend by yourself or with some friends enjoying Livermore’s award winning wineries and beautiful Northern California terrain to defrost from the winter with a glass of wine and an exceptional mini vacation! These seven gems offer the best quality that the Livermore Valley has to offer:
Cuda Ridge Wines
Located in the heart of the Livermore Valley wine region, Cuda Ridge Wines proudly produces Bordeaux-style wines that combine both the California culture with a taste of Southern France. The small family-owned winery takes the time to carry on the tradition with wines of intense complexity and world-class, award-winning flavors. You’ll feel like part of the family in the hospitable tasting room surrounded by vineyards and olive trees.
“Fenestra” is Latin for “window,” and Fenestra Winery is the window to the Livermore Valley. Housed in a historic Ruby Hill property, Fenestra is the region’s first boutique winery and a popular destination for wine lovers who enjoy the relaxed, country ambiance while they taste the award-winning wines and picnic along the creek. The winery celebrates many years of fine wine made with primarily handpicked Livermore Valley grapes.
Garre Vineyard & Winery
Surrounded by beautiful scenery, Garre Vineyard & Winery boasts not only a portfolio of Sparkling, Italian, and other wines, but also award-winning cuisine and elegant wedding venues. The grounds capture the culture of old Italy with a bocce court and a café offering lunch daily and dinner on the weekends. Feel part of the intimacy with friends and family for a wine tasting that never disappoints. Share in Garre Vineyard’s toast of “a glass from the past, a toast to the future”.
Las Positas Vineyards
Situated on 30 acres of property, Las Positas Vineyards is a unique venue that shares in a passion for wine and rich heritage of the Livermore Valley. One taste is all that’s needed of the novice and oenophile wines to see the character and integrity in every glass. For some excitement, evening in the Vineyards Concert Series runs May through October to satisfy both the ears and palate.
Livermore Valley Wine Trolley
Livermore Wine Trolley is the newest way to explore and experience wineries located in the Livermore Valley! Climb aboard and enjoy a tour of this premier wine region, home to more than 50 wineries. A ride on the high quality all-inclusive trolley provides a one-of-a-kind experience as you pass lush rolling hills, picturesque canyons, vast vineyards, scenic golf courses, active downtown, and intimate wineries who pride themselves in hospitality.
The mission to craft world-class wines from famed vineyards in the Livermore Valley and Arroyo Seco and offer them to the world is the driving force at Nottingham Cellars. Led by one of the valley’s youngest winemakers, the winery promotes quality and the integrity of the region. Nottingham Cellars boasts three different brands, each designed to honor the potential and history of the Livermore Valley. The wine tasting room is an ideal place to enjoy a tasting flight at the bar, or enjoy a glass of wine on the patio or among the barrels in the cellar.
Steven Kent Winery
The Steven Kent Winery is dedicated to crafting exceptional Bordeaux wines. Winemaker Steven Kent Mirassou takes pride in the past and future to continually set the bar high and exceed expectations while still holding on to tradition. The Barrel Room offers daily wine tastings Cabernet Sauvignon and other Bordeaux varietals, and the Reserve Room offers samplings of the most limited collectors’ wines. The Steven Kent Winery belongs on the “don’t miss” list for lovers of stellar Cabernet.
After you’ve visited these gems, top off the month of March at the Barrels, Bottles, & Brews on March 25 and 26. The event brings Livermore Valley’s wineries, craft breweries, and artisan distilleries together to take part in a fun-filled weekend celebrating quality and quantity. Amateurs and aficionados alike will discover the quality, attention and care dedicated to crafting all of these great beverages. Purchase your tickets to gain a new appreciation for the beverage scene and be a part of a rewarding experience.
The following article was provided by our contributing partner – Touring and Tasting Magazine.
Cheers – Ken
Most Recent 20 Posts
- Winemaker Interview Series – Peter Heitz from Turnbull – Feb 2023 March 23, 2023
- Winemaker Interview Series – Don Schroeder from Sea Smoke & Aron Weinkauf from Spottswoode – Feb 1, 2023 March 8, 2023
- Winemaker Interview Series – Jake Bilbro of Limerick Lane – Jan 2023 February 21, 2023
- Winemaker Interview Series – Daniel Daou – Jan 2023 February 8, 2023
- Winemaker Interview Series – Robert Foley January 16, 2023
- Winemaker Interview Series – Matt Brain – Alpha Omega Winery January 4, 2023
- Winemaker Interview Series – Riley Flanagan, Assistant Sales Manager for Flanagan Wines and the owner of Riley’s Rows December 16, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Trevor Durling from Beaulieu Vineyard November 28, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Andrew Baldwin from Penfolds Winery November 15, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – McPrice “Mac” Myers from McPrice Myers Winery October 18, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Renée Ary from Duckhorn Vineyards October 5, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Joel Peterson from Once & Future Wines September 20, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Rebekah Wineburg from Quintessa & Post & Vine Wineries September 6, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Phillip Corallo-Titus from Chappellet Winery August 23, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Randy Ullom from Kendall Jackson Winery August 10, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Theresa Heredia from Gary Farrell Wines July 27, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Todd Graff from Frank Family Winery July 8, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Christian Tietje from Anarchy Winery June 25, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Janell Dusi of J. Dusi Winery June 1, 2022
- Winemaker Interview Series – Kristen McMahan of Goldeneye May 3, 2022