Below is the 2013 KWG Elite Eight Wine Bracket. Please see below the bracket for the official contest rules.
The Elite Eight wines have been chosen by me. The wine criteria for entry into the contest was based on KWG rating, price and general availability:
- The wines had to score high (over 90 points) with KensWineGuide.com.
- The wine’s price had to be less than $50 with 500 cases or more of the wine produced.
Here’s how the contest will work:
Between March 12, 2013 and March 20, 2013 you can cast your vote for your favorite four wines of the Elite Eight in the comment section on the Ken’s Wine Guide Blog. On March 20, 2013 at 10:00 p.m. (EST) the four wines with the most votes will be named as—The Final Four. The Final Four will be announced via e-mail to newsletter subscribers, posted on the blog, and then we will move on to the Final Four Contest.
The Final Four Contest voting will run from March 21, 2013 to March 26, 2013 at 10:00 p.m. (EST). At that time, the two wines with the most votes will advance to the Finals. The two Finalists will be announced in our March 28, 2013 newsletter. Voting for the winning wine will commence right away.
On April 9, 2013 at 10 p.m. (EST) the voting will cease in the finalist round. The Winning Wine—the wine with the most votes—will be announced in our April 11, 2013 newsletter.
If you would like to see the reviews of these wines before you vote check out this link to the Elite Eight Wines Bracket spreadsheet which has direct links to the review pages. We look forward to seeing which wine wins!
Cheers – Ken
Most Recent 10 Posts
- Winemaker Interview Series – Renée Ary from Duckhorn Vineyards
- Winemaker Interview Series – Joel Peterson from Once & Future Wines
- Winemaker Interview Series – Rebekah Wineburg from Quintessa & Post & Vine Wineries
- Winemaker Interview Series – Phillip Corallo-Titus from Chappellet Winery
- Winemaker Interview Series – Randy Ullom from Kendall Jackson Winery
- Winemaker Interview Series – Theresa Heredia from Gary Farrell Wines
- Winemaker Interview Series – Todd Graff from Frank Family Winery
- Winemaker Interview Series – Christian Tietje from Anarchy Winery
- Winemaker Interview Series – Janell Dusi of J. Dusi Winery
- Winemaker Interview Series – Kristen McMahan of Goldeneye